Sportsbook websites attract millions of enthusiasts across the world.
It is one of the most popular online entertainment options for online gaming fans. Taking advantage of the popularity and huge fan following fake sportsbook websites have spawned on the Internet. The sole intention of these sites is to dupe unsuspecting victims and make quick money in the process.
Sportsbook enthusiasts have to differentiate between the fake and genuine and only use sites that are legitimate.
How does someone differentiate between a fake and a genuine sportsbook website?
There are several ways in which one can differentiate between a genuine and fake sportsbook website.We have listed some of them here:
- The site should have hundreds of reviews on the Internet and most of them should be positive. The reviews should not be one line reviews but genuine reviews from players who have played on the site. Comment on a couple of reviews and wait for the response.
- The site should have a trial version where users can polish their skills.
Practice for at least a week before placing real bets. The strategy is to become comfortable with the process before placing actual bets. It will also give an idea of the site features also an idea of whether the site is genuine or fake.
- Start with small bets in the region of $10-$15.
Apply all the common safeguards that are suggested while placing bets. Decide on a maximum amount for placing bets and do not overshoot it under any conditions.
- Whenever you hit the jackpot, the funds should be credited to the bank within the defined time.
This will prove that the website has efficient and automated back-end operations.
- Check the “Alexa” ranking of the website. A ranking less than 1, 00, 000 is a good measure to confirm that the site is attracting traffic and it is a credible website. The Alexa details also provide information about the volume of traffic that the website attracts from different countries.
It also gives an idea of how much time users are spending on the website.
If all the above checklists are followed then there is less chance of being defrauded. In the worst case of being defrauded, lodge a complaint with the Internet Crime department in your country.
It is difficult to recover the money as most of these organizations are fly-by-night operators who have their operations in some distant country. Reporting the issue will alert the authorities and help them to either detain the fraudulent operators or shutting down the website by blocking their website.
The challenge to prove credibility for a genuine new sportsbook website is tremendous. Credibility is built over time and it requires dedicated effort on part of the owner and the white label sportsbook solutions provider. A new sportsbook should be listed in industry publications in both the online and print media.Positive reviews and comments from famous faces in the industry should also help a website to gain credibility and attract more betters to the website. It will generate revenue for the website and enable users to bet with confidence.