Follow our Top 5 tips when playing casino games like slots, roulette and more.
Top 5 Casino Game Tips For Players
Here are our Top 5 tips for careful casino game players:
1 – Check Each Slot's Requirements
Also, keep an eye out for any fine print near the bottom of or alongside the pay table.
2 – Keep Your Bets Small
and there is no guarantee that this will happen.
Then consider how many bets you'll be able to place, depending on the wager amount you select.
3 – Err On The Side Of Smaller Jackpots
They can grow to such massive amounts because all the bets by all players of that particular game are pooled together to make up the jackpot total. The larger the player pool, the larger the progressive jackpot. These big-jackpot slots tend to take much longer to ultimately pay out.
4 – Understand House Edge & RTP
So, for example, a casino game with an RTP of 85% will have a house edge of 15%.
- Slot machines:2-15%
- Single-zero roulette: 2.70%
- Double-zero roulette: 5.26%
- Blackjack: 0.28%
- Jacks or Better video poker (full pay): 0.46%
This mistaken thinking is based on the erroneous assumption that the RTP/ house edge is precisely applicable to each individual bet. It is not.
So, for example, a house edge of 10% does not guarantee that you will retain at least 90% of your money.
Keeping this in mind will help you make smarter decisions when you play. Smarter decisions lead to more frequent wins.
5 – Understand Volatility
It indicates how winnings are statistically distributed and may be high, medium, or low:
- Low-volatility games deliver small wins fairly frequently. Low risk for low potential reward.
- High-volatility games deliver large payouts on an infrequent basis.
High risk for high potential reward.
- Medium volatility obviously refers to games that present medium risk for medium potential rewards.
Bottom Line And Bonus Tips
Doing this really is the best way to keep playing for longer, with no chance of breaking the bank.
- In craps, stick with “Pass” or “Don't Pass”
- In roulette, play only outside bets
- In horserace betting, keep your wagers modest
- In blackjack, be prepared to split